"The language of friendship is not words..."

Sometimes I sense that I need close friends around me who speak my mother tongue to really connect allowing my words to speak passionately and emotionally, in freedom from the heart (with exact precision and grammar 😅)... but then I think of my beautiful friendship with my Austrian friend, Julie- and we only ever speak German together. And she just totally gets me!! 😍👭💖👌 Another heart that connects so naturally and understands so well (sometimes me better than me myself 😂 Despite my occasional language errors...).
So I guess Henry David Thoreau was right when he said,

"The language of friendship is not words but meanings. It is an intelligence above language" (1849).

Twas such a blessing to see this lovely friend again yesterday and have a good chat and catch-up! ♡








(Professional photos; photo credit: Bekki Hoffman Fotografie)

Comments

  1. With two friends of mine, we chat both in English and German and so spontaneously switch from one language to the other that I'm sometimes not even aware of which language I'm presently using. But it doesn't matter. It's really about meaning ... language is merely a code :-) Veronika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that: It's really about meaning ... language is merely a code :-)
      Beautiful. Marvellous how our brains can do that really with the language switch!

      Delete
  2. lovely and so true

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Push to Reset the World: a Solo Day Trip to Traunsee

Herzlich Wilkommen: a warm welcome to you!